Terms and Conditions of use of website (“terms”)
Please read these terms carefully before using the website. By using the website you confirm your acceptance of these terms and agree to abide by them regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, you should exit the website immediately and refrain from using it.
Our contact details are as follows:
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0800 092 4047 FREE
BIDONMYHOUSE LTD trading as bidonmyhouse (referred to hereafter as bidonmyhouse)
Registered office: Halifax House, 30-34 George St, Kingston upon Hull, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire HU1 3AJ
Company Number: 09112730
Any reference to the Contract in these terms means the contract made between you and bidonmyhouse when you register and when you place a property with us on the website for auction sale.
Any reference to a “Sorry” payment on the website does not imply any wrong doing by us and is not to be implied as an acknowledgment of any failure on our part. It is to be construed strictly as a goodwill offer to the Seller by us.
- The website is offered as a free service to you. You may access most areas of the website without registering your details with us; however certain areas of the website are only open to you if you register.
- In the event that you breach these terms, your permission to use the website terminates immediately and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the website.
- By registering on our website, you warrant that:
You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
You are the buyer or legally authorised by it to represent it;
You (and the buyer if you are representing it) are not subject to any of the Insolvency Situations; and
You are at least 18 years old;
In this clause `Insolvency Situations` means any of the following:
if an appointment is made in respect of you or your affairs of any person which the Insolvency Act 1986 requires to be qualified as an Insolvency Practitioner and in whatsoever capacity that appointment is made
if a petition is presented against you for your winding-up or if an individual for your bankruptcy
if you compound or make any arrangement with your creditors or
if you otherwise suffer any action in consequence of debt or undergo any analogous act or proceedings under foreign law
3. Intellectual Property rights
- All Intellectual Property rights in the website including copyright, database rights, logos and trademarks are solely owned by bidonmyhouse.
- No rights are given to amend or copy any part of our website including pictures or other images displayed
4. Content standards – Acceptable Use Policy
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to or place upon our website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Contributions must:
Be accurate and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
Promote sexually explicit material.
Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
Be likely to deceive any person.
Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
Promote any illegal activity.
Be threatening, abuse or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- You agree not to do any of the following: -
Gain unauthorised access, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website or any software used in the provision of it. You must not attack our site via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack.
Interfere with, damage or disrupt any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Circumvent or attempt to seek to circumvent, any of the security safeguards of the website.
send email or any other type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities.
permit or enable any third party to do any of the above.
5. Suspension and termination
Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
Issue of a warning to you.
Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
Further legal action against you.
Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
6. Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise our acceptable use policy at any time by amending it online. You are expected to check the relevant page from time to time and to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in our acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
7. Liability and Disclaimer
- The content available on the website is intended for general information purposes only and is provided on an “as is” basis. We will not be liable for any reliance placed on information provided on our website for decision making purposes as it is provided as guidance only.
- We aim to ensure that the website is updated regularly. However, we are under no obligation to update the website and we cannot guarantee that the information provided on the site will always be up to date.
- The use of information obtained from the website is at your sole discretion and risk.
- Although we take precautions to guard against viruses or malicious code, data is downloaded from the site at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to withdraw, amend, suspend access to, or close all or any part of the website without notice and shall have no liability for doing so.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- The following provisions set out our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents and sub-contractors) to you in respect of:
any breach of these conditions;
any use made by you of the auction and other facilities on the website; and
any representation, statement or tortuous act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the auction contract.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits our liability:
for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence; or
under section 2(3), Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
for any matter which it would be illegal for Us to exclude or attempt to exclude liability; or
for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to terms 7.8 and 7.9 above our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract shall be limited to £
8. Third party websites
- The website contains links to third party websites. These are solely for your convenience and service. Once you leave our website, whether you know you are leaving or not, we are in no way responsible for any content on the other site that you enter. We have not reviewed all of these third party sites and do not control and are not responsible for these sites or their content or availability. We do not therefore endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to our website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You agree that you will not create any hyperlinks or deep links between our website and any other website without prior written consent.
9. Membership conditions
- In order to become a member, you will have to register on the website to obtain log in details which will enable you to access the membership areas of the website.
- Your membership details are confidential and should not be disclosed to any third party. You must inform us immediately of any breach of this obligation.
- We have the right to disable your membership at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of our terms.
- Any personal details that are collected through activities related to the website will be treated as confidential and will not be passed on to any third parties.